Monday, March 16, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY K...







It seems not long ago that K was born after a whirlwind delivery and scooped up from me and put in the NICU. He was born 7 pounds, 21 inches but at 36 weeks. His lungs weren't completely developed and he was kept in the hospital nine days more. He had an amazing head of hair and was so beautiful. And strong. It took four of us to hold him down while they put the feeding tube down his nose. It was one of the hardest things to do to leave him and go home empty-handed. I know many people can relate.

He has been a joy in our lives from day one. He is snugglie and compassionate. He has always- ALWAYS shared and been aware of others around him. He loves to dance and to play guns and swords. He loves cars and now we are getting into legos. He has a terrific sense of humor and is often dead-on about situations that we'd rather not talk about. He memorizes scriptures like non-other that I have seen and he loves to sing primary songs. He will be an amazing missionary someday!

I will post baby pictures- I still have to scan them in- he came before we had a digital camera. ;)

We LOVE you K! Happy 4th and many, many more!

7 comments:

  1. That is so crazy it does seem not long ago that you had him they grow up way to fast Happy b-day K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually reminiscing yesterday to my mom how I was at the hospital when K was born. I can still remember being in the waiting room and then coming up to the room to see you guys! I was so excited to be a part of such a wonderful day. K will always, ALWAYS, hold a special place in my heart. Can't wait to see you guys tonight. Love you and happy birthday to mister K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Ky Ky (even though he was more interested in his friends this morning during our "Happy Birthday" song)! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big handsome fellow! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh K is four!!! Wow, he grew so fast!
    Happy Birthday to our wonderful nephew, hope you had a great birthday, wish we could've been there!
    Your favorite Auntie Breezy and Uncle Dallon, and cuz Amelie, loooooooove you! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. K..you just need to know that you and your husband are BEA-utiful! Your blog is super cute! I hope you are ready to start crafting it up! I have TONS of ideas ready and waiting to be created and mixed with yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! What a cutie pie, you two sure are blessed such great kids you have. Hope he had a Happy Day (;
    Love, Diane (Amelie's Grandma)

    ReplyDelete