Friday we all traveled down to Sandy together. We ate at the Mayan (which has changed it's menu again- for like the umpteenth time). We had terrible seats. I told my children it was because you have to take turns having really good seats (which we had last time...the water was splashing on us from the TOP and it looked like the divers were going to land in our food) and then really bad ones. They bought it. Crisis avoided.
Later, we ventured over to the Sportsmen's Expo. I wasn't excited to go. I'll be honest- guns, dead animals and camo isn't my idea of an exciting evening...BUT it WAS!! The kids got to explore all of the boats, we got to watch dog diving, they did lots of crafts, etc., held a REAL baby black bear, climbed and conquered rock walls, caught REAL fish and ate candied almonds (my favorite)! I highly recommend it!
Saturday we all went to what seems to be "THE" activity for those with children: Disney on Ice. I think we are going to pass on it next year. The kids had fun- eating $10 cotton candy and $12 shaved ice cups. T didn't even like hers and wanted the sippy cup we brought with us.
Monday was K's birthday. We celebrated by taking some of his friends to lunch at McD's. We later had family over for cake and ice cream. I didn't make the cake. I have been so impressed with my friends cakes that I just decided to leave this year's to the pros. Thanks Walmart. He had a blast and got lots of fun toys that have been ALL over my house this week.
Tuesday we celebrated St. Patty's day by making green pancakes, eggs and juice. T decided she didn't want to wait for the cooked pancakes. She got into the batter while I made the eggs. There were more pictures- mainly with her look of defiance. I chose to show the one where she looks a little less challenging of my authority. We had corned beef and cabbage at my mom's house that night! I used to hate the stuff but now...yum, yum!
I am so thankful for my family (both sides) and our lives are truly made richer because of our relationships and interactions. Thanks for being my peeps!
Looks like a lot of fun and your kids are so cute by the way!
ReplyDeletehahaha I love the last picture of T. So cute.
ReplyDeleteYou can't skip out on disney on ice next year..You are going with me! :) MUAHHAHAHAHA YOu have the cutest little ones. Thanks again for helping me with crafts yesterday and watching me just stare at a window trying to figure out what I wanted to do with it ha ha...seriously thanks :)
ReplyDeleteYay new pictures!! Love to see updates of my adorable nieces and nephew! Wow K and S look so big and TT looks sooo funny withe the green pancake mix on her face! miss you guys...oxoxo
ReplyDeleteYour adventures are way more super fun than the zoo! Totally jealous...
ReplyDelete