Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wide Eyed and Blank....


So, I crashed a Twilight field trip. A TERRIFIC group of girls were going to watch Twilight and I HAD to go. I haven't read the books yet, so I felt a little guilty- I hadn't sufficiently acquired the "right-of-passage" necessary to sit in the theature with those who knew EVERYTHING about EDWARD and BELLA.

Okay, the scenery was wonderful! I think I would brave the rain to live in Washington- vampires and werewolves (yes, I've been filled-in)! The trees, the green, the BEAUTIFUL Mount Rainier! (I'm not sure I spelled that right.)

The movie wasn't bad. Time went by fast, I was intrigued by the general flow of the story. But I must be honest. I got my vampire-fill many, many years ago with Anne Rice and her Lestat. I've seen the whole, pale, mysterious, secretive and ackward "hot" guy in Edward Scissorhands. My friends INSIST i read the books, "It's SOO much BETTER!" It always is.

BUT I CAN'T. I didn't read Harry Potter and I probably won't read Twilight. Blame my librarian grandma. I can't seem to read books that EVERYONE else is reading (Book of Mormon, an exception- because my salvation rest partly on it.) I am, apparently, a book snob. I'm sorry. I'll just let you tell me about Edward, Bella and their vampire/human baby. It's probably better for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it over all. I was wondering what it would be like to see it without reading the book. There's nothing to compare it to, so in a way it's almost better! I'm glad you came!

    ReplyDelete