Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Children, Children Everywhere...


I've learned with elementary age children comes many, many opportunities to raise funds for your child's school. I think I've done my part. So far I've purchased an Entertainment book (or Happenings- I don't remember which), wrapping paper and some other needless stuff I felt I obligated to buy (it's for a good cause). I've had the opportunity to buy pizzas from Domino's and perhaps other activities and adventures I've missed. Well, I would have missed this one tonight but I DIDN'T!.


Tonight the teachers at the school were able (much to their excitement and enjoyment, I'm sure) to work at McDonald's. I was told 20% of the proceeds will go to the school. I'm happy to to contriute by purchasing over processed-grease saturated food for my children (I do this occasionally on my own without the added perk of helping my local elementary school), along with many, MANY other parents this evening. (Sidenote: the play area alone was terrific material for the next horror movie.)However, I think from now on I will just get the cash direct deposited to the school, by-passing the lost revenue to things I really don't need and getting my donatation (what, the full &20.00?) that the school probably gets from me after everyone else gets paid. That way the school still gets money from me and I SAVE money, too!
Winner, Winner, Chicken Donald's Dinner.
(My kids call McDonald's Chicken Donald's- so it was really only funny to those of you who knew that. All 3 of us.)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you survived the chaos. I don't know how we were totally lucky to get in a out in a half hour! BTW..husband's ok...just got caught late at work..riding the train home...with a retarded cell phone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha ya ya!! I think it's so funny when they say that! and it sounds like you guys had one heck of a night last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with ya on the donation blah...Although - I do have high hopes and expections for my "Double Sided Holiday Gift Wrapping Paper" that I ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!! Thanks I am just lucky to be over here in France, everything I crave they don’t have over here and the lifestyle is so different… not really any fast food joints and you have to make almost everything from scratch…. Yea I hope he comes before then too… we will see… Your family is just as cute as ever Nik.. I love looking at your blog… well say hello to your family for me… have a great day!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete