Thursday, November 13, 2008

Democracy to Think About...

This link was sent to me by a friend and it was extremely interesting. I've been able to see and read a great deal of opinions regarding proposition 8 and this pretty much summed up all those loose thoughts rolling around in my mind. Take a look, if you'd like.

2 comments:

  1. That was such a good post! Thanks for adding that link. I really liked when he said,
    "It seems ironic that these young Mormons were open-minded enough to be friends with people whose lives were so different from their own; but their friends, in the name of tolerance, could not remain friends with Mormons who merely stood up for their faith."
    Even in situations where nothing is involved but just merely talking of religion we young Mormons are persecuted for our beliefs; for having standards and standing up for what we believe in. In fear of not being included or being part of the cool crowd people stray, fall to peer pressure, or don't stand up for our religion and slink back to avoid the mean things their friends will say or awkward feelings. I've seen this multiple times in just my friends alone through out the years. Not everyone is like this, and I hope that that our youth/young adults in California, the world in general, will be able to stay strong and not let the awful things they are saying our religion affect them.

    Hopefully I'll see you tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked the article. I thought it had very interesting facts about the exact number of LDS voters in CA...yet we are the only ones being targeted???

    ReplyDelete