Well. Let's be honest. This little tribute is long overdue. I adore my husband and I don't give him the "snaps" he deserves. So, baby, this one is for you...
1. Where did you meet? W and I met at Blindsides Skate Shop. I was visiting from D.C. and he had been off his mission for four months. I
had been feeling crummy and had taken my littlest brother and his friends to the store- threatening them in my pajama pants, hoodie and no make-up and ponytail- that if I saw any cute boys they were deadmeat. (Funny that not only did I meet A cute boy but I met THE cute boy of my life.) Anywho, I saw him walk in and I tried to duck behind the snowboard boots in the back of the store. When I looked up, he was standing next to me. I tried to make small talk and be witty. He almost broke the whole deal when he laid the "I just got off my mission" spill on me. I wasn't looking to get married and that was usually the "are you the lucky girl I get to marry?" opener that smacked of Gaston in an LDS version of Beauty and the Beast.
had been feeling crummy and had taken my littlest brother and his friends to the store- threatening them in my pajama pants, hoodie and no make-up and ponytail- that if I saw any cute boys they were deadmeat. (Funny that not only did I meet A cute boy but I met THE cute boy of my life.) Anywho, I saw him walk in and I tried to duck behind the snowboard boots in the back of the store. When I looked up, he was standing next to me. I tried to make small talk and be witty. He almost broke the whole deal when he laid the "I just got off my mission" spill on me. I wasn't looking to get married and that was usually the "are you the lucky girl I get to marry?" opener that smacked of Gaston in an LDS version of Beauty and the Beast. He went to try on some pants, he claims, and when my brother and his friends were ready to go
W was nowhere in site. I was ticked. I remember sitting in the car and fuming that he hadn't asked my for my phone number. My brother and his friend scraped up a pen and paper and much to my dismay handed it to me and told me to, "hurry up". I went in and found him- made some stupid remark, told him I didn't know if he had a girlfriend but that I'd like to go out with him sometime. I handed him the paper and pen kind of hurt I was doing the asking. He gave me his number and I left. When I got home I walked up the stairs to my mom and told her I met the guy I was going to marry.
2. How long did you date before you were married? We were engaged 9 days after that and we were married seven months from then.
3. How long have you been married? It will be 8 years next June.
2. How long did you date before you were married? We were engaged 9 days after that and we were married seven months from then.
3. How long have you been married? It will be 8 years next June.
4. What does he do that surprises you? Weston rarely, if ever gets mad. I spent most of our engagement trying to see where his limits were. I did everything I could think of to make him loose his temper. He never did. That's one of the reasons I married him.
5. What is your favorite feature of his? I LOVE LOVE LOVE his EYES and his LIPS. But I melt (yes, MELT) when he grins at me. His you-are-so-funny/cute/adorable-I-can't-help-but-smile grin. It is SOOO SEXY.
6. What is your favorite quality of his? There are soo many. My husband is an amazingly talented man. He can write amazing things. He can cook. He skateboards and snowboards and is good at anything he even THINKS about doing. He can decorate and paint. He works harder than anyone I have ever met. He is a perfectionist (at most things- minus the things I want him to do: namely towels and picking up dirty clothes.). He adores his mother and his children. He is thoughtful (he built the WHOLE office just for ME) and his is always willing to help others. He never speaks badly of people. He lets me throw my little fits and get frustrated. He puts up with me and never gives up on us.
7. Does he have a Nickname for you? Nik. We aren't really nickname people, I guess.
8. What is his favorite color? Black. If you know my husband, you know it's black. With two wheels and is LOUD.
9. What is his favorite food? Steak and shrimp. Lots of steak and shrimp.
10. What is his favorite sport? Snowboarding and golf.
11. When and where was your first kiss? We had our first kiss leaning up against his silver Izuzu Rodeo on our second date. I totally denied him on our first!
5. What is your favorite feature of his? I LOVE LOVE LOVE his EYES and his LIPS. But I melt (yes, MELT) when he grins at me. His you-are-so-funny/cute/adorable-I-can't-help-but-smile grin. It is SOOO SEXY.
6. What is your favorite quality of his? There are soo many. My husband is an amazingly talented man. He can write amazing things. He can cook. He skateboards and snowboards and is good at anything he even THINKS about doing. He can decorate and paint. He works harder than anyone I have ever met. He is a perfectionist (at most things- minus the things I want him to do: namely towels and picking up dirty clothes.). He adores his mother and his children. He is thoughtful (he built the WHOLE office just for ME) and his is always willing to help others. He never speaks badly of people. He lets me throw my little fits and get frustrated. He puts up with me and never gives up on us.
7. Does he have a Nickname for you? Nik. We aren't really nickname people, I guess.
8. What is his favorite color? Black. If you know my husband, you know it's black. With two wheels and is LOUD.
9. What is his favorite food? Steak and shrimp. Lots of steak and shrimp.
10. What is his favorite sport? Snowboarding and golf.
11. When and where was your first kiss? We had our first kiss leaning up against his silver Izuzu Rodeo on our second date. I totally denied him on our first!
12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We just like to be together. We are both boarderline anti-social and usually end up with a movie and popcorn in our family room. That, or doing stuff around the house together. We love shopping together.
13. Do you have any Children? Yes. 3- Two beautiful girls and a handsome boy- who looks just like his daddy.
14. Does he have a hidden talent? Many. He writes music and lyrics that would make young girls swoon and give Zack Efron a run for his money (or make him richer). He designs logos and clothing designs. He can figure out how to make just about anything. He has awesome "daddy" ideas- like getting tons of cardboard boxes and making a whole cardboard village with the kids. K's motorcycle bike, etc. etc.
15. How old is he? He is 29.
14. Does he have a hidden talent? Many. He writes music and lyrics that would make young girls swoon and give Zack Efron a run for his money (or make him richer). He designs logos and clothing designs. He can figure out how to make just about anything. He has awesome "daddy" ideas- like getting tons of cardboard boxes and making a whole cardboard village with the kids. K's motorcycle bike, etc. etc.
15. How old is he? He is 29.
16. Who said I love you first? I think I did. I can't really remember. The feeling was pretty mutual. Nine days- who really cares, we're getting married- ya, know?
17. What is his favorite type of music? He is really into alternative, emo, punk stuff. He super supports his brother's band- The Brobecks. We love Coldplay (Our song is Yellow), Brandnew, Red Jumpsuit, AFI, etc. etc.
18. What do you admire most about him? His strength. Not just physically- mentally, spiritually and emotionally. He is truly my rock. I wouldn't make it through this life without him. He is truly everything I need. He puts up with me- that alone is enough. ;)
19. Do you think he will read this? I KNOW he will. He often tells me this is how he finds out about our family. Whatev.
17. What is his favorite type of music? He is really into alternative, emo, punk stuff. He super supports his brother's band- The Brobecks. We love Coldplay (Our song is Yellow), Brandnew, Red Jumpsuit, AFI, etc. etc.
18. What do you admire most about him? His strength. Not just physically- mentally, spiritually and emotionally. He is truly my rock. I wouldn't make it through this life without him. He is truly everything I need. He puts up with me- that alone is enough. ;)
19. Do you think he will read this? I KNOW he will. He often tells me this is how he finds out about our family. Whatev.
Aw! I loved reading this. And I was shocked (SHOCKED) that you had to ask him out first!!! BAH to him. I hope he made it up to you. :)
ReplyDeleteYa know Nik...I think you've made him become all of those things! At least helped "mold" him right?
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet. You and Weston are perfect together :)
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with the smile thing, and he is a total look alike Ben Affleck lol. I can not believe that you didn't mention that you only had one............. anyways love you both adn if you weren't antisocial maybe we could hang out. Yep remember me?
ReplyDeleteWell Niki looks like you have a pretty perfect guy, and yes 3 adorable children, I love checking in to see what Amelie's cousins are up to!
ReplyDeleteLooking good (:
Hugs, Diane (brees MOm OX)
That is so sweet and neat because we got to learn just a little bit more about Weston! :)
ReplyDelete