Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I'm not quite sure why I haven't posted in a week. I think the main reason is that I've been lost in thought and pain. I'll explain. There has been a lot on my mind and I am not sure how I feel about them, to be honest.

First the things on my mind: my fellow blogger Stephanie Nielson and her family, Govenor Pallin and her background, ability and possible future, Weston and finding a new job, going back to school, the weirdos at the State Fair and the overall state of the world, charter schools versus public schools, how to best encourage,teach, and cultivate my new soccer team, my church calling, my brothers and their lives, my parents and their relationship, am I being an involved enough parent, in what ways can I better parent each of my children individualy, friends having babies, sewing things for these friends, starting a little busy-ness sewing these things for other people, making dinner for others who have harder things in their lives than me, not poisoning those people...and on and on.

Second- MY PAIN! I have a root canal that needs to be redone and it has been THE WORST PAIN (short of labor pains) I've ever felt- think labor pains concentrated in one tooth. It stinks. Its a long story that I doubt anyone really wants to read but it involves: owww, OWWWW, drugs and surgery.

Updates: K started school. I'll post pictures soon, I'm just too lazy right now.
T is standing on her own. Not just letting go of furniture- pulling herself to her feet unassisted in any way from sitting. Once she's up she claps and dances and then sits down. Chicken. ;)
S started swimming lessons. My sweet MIL picks her up and brings her homefrom her lessons. Its such a great gift!
S got 100% on her 1st grade assessments! We are so proud of her!
We re-did our living room walls...I'll post pic later.
For tonight it's pain killers and sleep---I'll catch-up later.

5 comments:

  1. Ouch! I'm sorry your tooth is in labor. Hopefully it doesn't spew forth a little baby tooth on top of your already existing tooth..... wait. You know what? I need to go to bed BADLY, as evidenced by that previous sentence. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki,
    I know I am not around much, but if I can do anything for you please let me know. I am sorry to hear all you are going through. I've heard root canals are the worst. Oh, by the way you are a great coach. You are really good at pointing out the kids strengths. I love having Sariah on your team. Sorry she is not much help to the team. We will work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry haha you poor thing. You really do have too much on your mind.But I can totally relate with you.. I've been stuffed up with too much to think about haha. Hopefully things get better. Good luck today at the dentist. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. What amazing little babies you have. I'll tell ya, with all the crazy happenings in your life and mind - Just remember... Your one of the most creative, loving, talented, energetic, best mom's I've ever met. P.S. Add that thought to your list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. slow down girl!!! you're going to overwhelm yourself..geez just reading that made me exhausted! :) Sorry to hear you're in pain- take it easy..I'll give you a call within the next day or so and tell you our travel plans

    ReplyDelete