Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hmmm...again.

SO. Here is the latest. Layton High's Reunion is Saturday, August 16th. I technically didn't graduate from Layton High. I went to school with the same people from 7th grade through 11th. My senior year I transferred schools. My mom taught at Bountiful High and I had been getting to know some of the people down in Bountiful. I had only been asked out by ONE(1) guy at Layton High and was getting sick of sitting at home during Layton High dances. It seemed like only guys that lived outside my school boundaries even noticed me. My friends had boyfriends and I was without one and sick of being the third wheel. I had run for SBO President, lost and didn't make cabinet, so I didn't feel like I wanted to be there anymore...Blah, Blah, Blah, I transferred schools.

Now, this wasn't the perfect situation. In fact, I was on the Homecoming Queen ballot and was taken off by Mr. Homer (the principal) because I wasn't from Bountiful. Ouch! I had to get up earlier because my school was 1/2 hour away and hardly anyone knew who I was! I didn't even apply for all of the scholarships that were at Bountiful because I was sooo burned out from school by the end of the year. But I did date- a lot. I did meet some amazing people that changed my life. I did get to hang out with a whole lot more people- there and in college because of my move to Bountiful.

Now- here's the thing. Layton High and Bountiful High's reunions are on the same day and times as each other. Both have park days with the kids in the morning and dinner that night. What do YOU think? I'm leaning toward Layton- I know more people, I went the majority of my high school career there, and I'd to see them more. But am I out-of-line? Do I need to go with my "official" class? Drop me a comment...

6 comments:

  1. OKAY so you know MY answer for sure Layton's at least the park cause I am going to that for sure and then if you want bountifuls dinner hmmmm you are going to have to let me know what you decide but I am sure you will make the RIGHT decision(LHS) hahahaha Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say Layton. There's my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a crack up! Come to LHS's! We are so much cooler! lol. I didn't go out with many LHS guys either...and hardly any our age. We missed ya sr year, so come make up for it!!!

    PS your kids are SO adorable. Send me an e-mail and I'll give ya info to get into my blog (trentandlichelle@hotmail.com) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say that reunions are about the friends and relationships not about diplomas so I say go with Layton because it will truly be a reunion. Thats just my opinion.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had my 10 year reunion, and we had classmates that came that had moved away before they graduated. Some were even from Junior High.... So I think you could totally go to Layton HS reunion!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! It's Melissa Nuttall again. You better come to the reunion...I've been looking forward to seeing you. Really....you were a Lancer. You better come! See you there.

    ReplyDelete