Thursday, May 22, 2008

Turd in the Turf

So, its been a while since I posted. I know. This does not mean that I have not been experiencing blog-worthy events. Some events caught me off guard without my camera and therefore lacking the documentation I feel is necessary for a truly great posting. However, I would like to share some of these experiences with you, my friends and family- so please excuse my lack of pictures.

I'll start with my favorite:

1. W showed K how to pee outside. Apparently this is a "right of passage" for both parties involved. Also apparent is the neccessity for teaching this skill. Both apparent observations elude me. But I am a girl. Anyway, from the initial "teaching" K was very excited to use his new skill EVERY available chance he got. Often running from the car to the grass before I could stop him. This became, as many new skills do, boring and he was looking for the next step.
A couple of days later K was outside on the back porch while I prepared a snack for him. Not two minutes later I hear a small but strong: "Mom" "Mom" I walked outside to see my son squatting with his rear-end bare and a HUGE turd on the grass. "Mom, will you wipe my bum"?
I stifled the giggles that were trying to come out- very tempted to leave him for his dad. We then got to have a discussion about why people don't poop outside: We have toilets. Animals poo outside. Not people. Doggies, kitties, bears- but we go inside. (Ladies you can have your boys read this for a review lesson, if needed.)


2. My parents went out of country. This wouldn't be huge news, except it is amazing how much I still miss my parents when I can't talk to my mom everyday about things like the above story. They always bring back great stuff, though.

3. I got a job and quit a job.(In two days)I was hired at a local business. It was terrific and I was initally excited about the break from my kids. I worked one day and missed my children and husband too much. I LOVE to work! I LOVE to feel productive and helpful and like I have value. (Things you often don't get to feel as a stay-at-home mother.) What a blessing that I can stay home- Thanks be to W!

4. We started going to the drive-in again. I am so excited for the drive-in season!!! I'm still trying to convince myself that I am NOT as white trash as those that surround me in the beautiful outdoor theatre.

6 comments:

  1. We need to plan a drive-in night together. I love the drive-in too. Yes the marathon I'm training for is "top of Utah." I run at night, usually around 9 or 9:30. I am only doing 2 miles right now and I only run about half of it and walk the other half. I have to start out VERY slow because my body has never done the running thing. I read some things online so I'm kind of trying to follow some of the schedules that I found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA that is too funny. We need to do the drive in again. I can't believe you already quit your job and I didn't even know you got the job till you were there! I miss you and we need to play soon ok? Your mom comes home Saturday, are we doing anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and THANK YOU for finally blogging something. haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't boys wonderful!!
    ok-so I just have to share C's outside pee experience. Maybe I told you this before.We also taught C how to pee outside-we thought it was CUTE! Well a year or two later we kept smelling urine by our garage. We thought it was dogs or cats marking teritory. We went to the store and bought some spray to keep animals away from areas that you don't want them around. We sprayed and assumed it was working because it didn't happen again. Then a few months later we smelt it again-so we tried our spray again. The next day we caught the culprit. C had been peeing on the garage door. We nipped that in the but. We made him get a bucket full of soap and water and scrub the lower portion of the garage and cement. Man he never did that again. :) Aren't boys wonderful!
    So I agree with Kels-we do need to have a meet at the drive in night. How about it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only K~'s turds were as cute as he is!! We love him regardless of his bowel movement placement choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hee hee. What a funny boy! I sure hope my son never leaves me a turd on the grass. I would probably have made daddy deal with it.

    I'm jealous that your parents get to go out of the country! When I am old, I'm going to go travel out of the country all the time....

    ReplyDelete