Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Honest to....ah, CRAP...

My sweet ODSIL (one day sister-in-law) or should it be OCSIL (haha, Chels, just kidding!) tagged me with this little treat:
Honest to Scrap
It is called the honest scrap award and these are the rules...
A) First list 10 honest things about yourself--and make it interesting even if you have to dig deep.
B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of Honest Scrap...
1. I LOVE magazines. I am not sure if it's the delish size of the information or the scrumptious ideas and photos. I won't throw a good one away and have truly had to learn to curb my addiction since being married.
2. I'd like to be an expert on most things. I say most because I truly don't care about a lot of things: spending a lot of time getting ready, spending a lot of money on anything (my years at Nordstrom is SOOO out-of-my-system), and sadly- scrapbooking. (Are but a few.) Anything I do want to know about or do I tend to get in over my head and do things a sane person might not do.
3. I will forever battle my mouth. I have TREMENDOUSLY curbed my need to tell the truth, the WHOLE truth and totally untactful truth. Many of you have been spared. I'm sorry to be so honest, but really, you have. (I still love you all, though.)
4. I miss being in school. This kind of goes with #2. I LOVE to learn and I miss being in a classroom, being the obnoxious know-it-all and getting into verbal debates with others I don't live with or see on a regular day-to-day basis. So those of you that DO live with me, see me on a day-to-day basis or go to church with me are made to suffer because I don't want to take out anymore student loans. Sorry. I could start a donation button- let me know.
5. I wanted a sister when I was little. I would cry myself to sleep praying for a sister- no lie. I was that cute. But now, I think it was best. I probably would have killed her. or she would have killed me. Had she been prettier, smarter, more sweet and "Christlike" AND had my family- it would have been on like Donkey Kong.
6. When I was growing up I wanted to be two things: Miss America and President of the United States. Well, W blew my chances at the "Miss" thing- but truly Sarah Pallin may have a Utah competitor. (Not really. I'm not stupid.) But really, when I was in Primary- they did a spotlight on me and shared with everyone what I wanted to be when I grew up. My mom tells me the pianist was laughing so hard she couldn't play the next song. How RUDE!
7. When I'm nervous I talk WWAAYY too much. It's interesting to me when I meet more reserved people who start out quiet and then as you get to know them they open up more. I am just the opposite. I guess I just run out of material.
Maybe I need new writers.
8. I have this innate since of justice- which is why I want to be a lawyer, a judge, etc. I have a hard time when things aren't "right". This "rightness" is often passionately defended by me and sometimes, occasionally, ( well, I guess more than occasionally)- found to be a fight that didn't need such a devoted defender. I think the expression is: both guns a blazin'. This includes defending and/or fighting for those that didn't really want a fight. Also something I'm working on.
9. I love my family. Those in my family are the only ones allowed to find fault with my family. All others will need to refer to #8 and proceed via their own discretion. And I think I'm the smartest kid in my family. (take that, boys!)
10. I am patiently waiting for my move into greatness. Okay, I'm being honest. I have always felt like I would make a mark somewhere BIG. However there are MANY, MANY circles of BIG. I have a loooonnnnggg list of prospective areas: writing a book, becoming a Justice, designing a terrific new fashion, writing a hit song, a new invention, saving the world...you get the idea. ;)
Seven People I tag:
Natalie
Jen
Shaylyn
Breezy
Chelsea
Holly
Kim K-my Canadian Escapee
Sheri- cause you crack me up!

2 comments:

  1. Haha I love it. Do you want a magazine supscription for your upcoming birthday? I'm sure J and I could arrange a magazine or two :)

    Dude about the sister comment, I was the same way! Now that I'm older, I'm so grateful to have been the only girl. For some of the same reasons as you but more on the level of I would have kicked her a if she had even come near my clothes, hair products, friends etc. ;) But sister-in-laws are so much better and I am excited for those!

    And what faults in your family? They, like you are perfect!

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and by supscription I mean subscription!

    ReplyDelete