Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sit. Stay...or not.

Remmy has started training. Or we have. I guess it all depends on how you look at it. Monday nights my family will be learning how to be responsible pet owners by teaching our pet how to obey. Interesting to me. It is appreciated in society to have dogs be obedient- to come, sit, stay when we say. Yet, as people we often do everything we can not to do anything at the command of others.

It's been fun to watch Remmy try to get his fill of treats and still walk the line of defiance. We've been working with him everyday and it seems hit or miss. W is convinced Remmy is going to flunk. Can a dog flunk training class? Don't they pass them all- for confidence building? Would they really require us to re-take the class if he did flunk?

This could become more expensive than it has...really fast. Wish us luck.

1 comment:

  1. Well good luck and yes they can flunk, but I am sure you will be fine. I am too cheap so I do it myself and let me tell you it takes alot but our puppy has been very good and will sit when we tell her to amongst others.

    ReplyDelete