Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving....

No camera=No pictures.
I'm on it, though. Thanks to Black Friday. Anywho. Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! We did. I made my Grandma Smith's traditional, extra-yummy rolls. Me. Yes, I did it. I have now graduated from potatoes to more "grown-up" cooking.
I was so emotional yesterday. I was so overcome with FEELING BLESSED. Some of my brothers and my parents went and took meals around with the Salvation Army. One of my brothers served overseas, military, and has remarked more than once about how little those people have. He has told us about their clothing (or lack, thereof), their shanty-like homes, their starvation and almost complete desolation in places. He heard my mom and I talking about our greatful feelings and mentioned he didn't really feel bad for the people they delivered to. He apologized for it, but like he said, they all had homes- they had more than most of the people in the world. He wanted to help, but he knew they had better circumstances than many people. We all have needs. Some more than others. We feel honored to help others. But ultimately, I realized I wasn't feeling sorry for others (which maybe I should have); but rather, I was just flat-out feeling overly blessed for WHAT I HAVE.
It was soo nice to spend the day with all four of my brothers. It has been a long time. They are all such amazing men, now. MEN. whoa. It will be even MORE fun as the house fills up with SISTER-IN-LAWS and COUSINS (or my neices and nephews). I had a long list prepared to post of the things I felt thankful for- but I decided not to. Not because I'm not thankful, but because I don't want to offend anyone or forget anyone or thing. SO just know I feel so truly blessed and am thankful for ALL!

2 comments:

  1. Nikki, Thanks for being you! I love your great attitude! We truly have an abundance of blessings in our lives. You are such a good example of looking for the blessings in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you had a happy thanksgiving. I hope you got my voicemail. Love ya

    ReplyDelete