Friday, October 31, 2008

Where to Begin...?

Let's see...

Let's start off with I sold my diamond to by baby brother so he could buy a ring for his girlfriend to make her his fiance.I figured since they were doing work I would upgrade the size of my downgrade. If you want clarification,just ask.
Photobucket
I'm happy with the change. Speaking of change-with the money I got from the sale, I'm buying food storage! I'll sleep much better when it's in my home or at least in my possession.

One of my other brothers surprised us with the news that he got married. He met a darling girl in Georgia while in school back there and he convinced her to follow him back to Utah. Well, she joined the military, too and before she left- they got married. We are so happy for them and can't wait to appropriately celebrate with them when she gets back from boot camp. My brother seems so happy and a little giddy about adjusting into the "married" life and hopefully some Smith-side cousins in the future!

Costumes for Halloween...I made them and am very proud of myself. I made the girl's tutus and sewed K's cape for his vampire. A little simplified, but hey- they all become dress-up clothes in our house. I have pictures of K's but you'll have to wait for the girl's.
Photobucket

K had his Halloween party on Thursday and he looked pretty scary. I guess the kids in his class were kind of scared of him. He was pretty proud of that. Here's what he looked like:
Photobucket
Photobucket

I helped in S's party and took tons of pictures. I didn't in K's because T hasn't been sleeping AT ALL and was actually taking a much needed nap-I feel like a TERRIBLE MOM). S was a ballerina princess and was the prettiest girl in her class- if you ask me! I'm a bit biased, though. ;)

We were going to go down to Shriner's Hospital but didn't get our acts together in time. I picked up the kids from grandma's and grandpa had a fun toy for the kids! They had a blast crawling through and around concrete former forms (?). T had a melt down when I took her out to go see Oma. I have more pictures of this, too!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Halloween day we couldn't find T's tutu anywhere (all week our family has been saying: A tutu for TiTi, TiTi's tutu, TiTi you want a tutu?)! So she was a flower- a hand-me-down from Soryn. Again, pictures will come later. (Sorry. Still no camera with correct accessories.) We went to our neighborhood Trunk or Treat and then took a lap around the neighborhood.My sweet married brother and his new dog (hehe) came over with my parents and accompanied on our quest for sugar. I must say it's neat to have another commonality with my brother.

We went to my mom-in-law's after to wish my SIL, Shaylyn, Happy Birthday! My sweet nephew was dressed as a gum stuck to a shoe! I KNOW! YOU NEED PICTURES! They are always so original and funny. Last year he was a baby girl. It was hilarious.

Lately, I have been addicted to this stupid kid's game: Poptropica. Don't check it out. If you liked Oregon Trail or the clean Lounge Lizard-like games. Don't. It frickin' sucked me in. Here's the deal. You have to figure out puzzles and you don't die. You can't be killed or have to start over. Sure, you get pushed back a little sometimes- but you don't have to start over. YOU DON'T HAVE TO START OVER. You are this cute character that you get to pick and change and you have to figure things out and collect things...awesome. Apparently I was a closet video-game geek. But only with games that don't kill you. And ones you can change your hair-do.

I'll work on pictures. I will recommit myself to my blog. I will stay in touch and I will keep with my goal to journal.

Oh, I voted. I did my part to protect this country against socialism. I doubt it will be enough. VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

2 comments:

  1. Okay so we need to talk on the phone, a break-up in the fam and a marriage, WOW K does look amazing I am so proud of you. Call me when you have a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nikki,
    That's so funny about Dan. Yeah Steph and I were best friends growing up, we have known each other since we were 5.
    Great job on the costume!

    ReplyDelete