Monday, August 25, 2008

Soccer Saturdays...

So this will be our life every Saturday morning for the next seven weeks. Whee! I learned that coaching U8 is WAY more involved than coaching U6 and that I kinda wish that S could have stayed back a year (in soccer). I am coaching because I am a sucker. Almost all of the parents have way more prior soccer or coaching experience than me- I just am the only one who hasn't learned to say, "No". I think I will, though.
Photobucket
Photobucket

W is a big help and poor guy has to wrestle with T the whole time. I am supposed to stay on the sidelines during the game- which is extremely hard for me. I tend to zone out if I am not in the middle of things. I also have noticed we have gone from no technical points to many technical issues= goal kicks, corner kicks, etc. Things were we not to mention last year now are expected to be common knowledge this year. Not to mention almost my whole team has played one year or less. Wow. A bit of a learning curve.

So today I sewed practice jerseys- I intend to teach the girls about positions, where to stand during goal kicks and corner kicks, kick-off and the like. That is after I explain to them that they can't use their hands....

Photobucket
This is S pulling T in a miniature wagon at Grandma and Grandpa Hooper's house. I thought it was funny. Yeah, miniature wagons and babies!

4 comments:

  1. Way cool. Good luck with being the coach! We'll have to come to a game :) And thanks- Can't believe it's already been seven months! Basically four months left until January!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know the schedule - I'd like to participate in watching Soryn and her crazy coach!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and... what is K~ doing? Watching trees?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki you are hilarious! I can't believe you're coaching soccer...did you play? And I love your post about the reunion. I thought I would leave a post too but then I chickened out.

    ReplyDelete