So, for those of you who were anxiously awaiting my decision...I went to Layton's Reunion. It was really nice to see some people- people that I liked and at least acted civil to me in high school. It was nice to have the opportunity to see others that I shared a common thread with. On the downside, I was disappointed that even after all these years- so many things have stayed the same. I was excited to hear what EVERYONE had been up to and accomplishing. I wanted to get past who was who and what happened in high school and to be honest, that didn't happen. Now, senior class did plan something and granted, it was the first reunion, but not much was done to get others out of their OLD comfort zones and into "networking" to use a "grown-up" term. People sat and talked to the same people that author the blogs they read everyday. (Meaning all of these folks have stayed in contact- lucky them- and now were sitting together talking about what they did last weekend.)
No slideshow, no games or surveys (besides the five questions we were asked) and disappointingly, not much dinner, either.
Again, it was planned, a lot of people were contacted and people did come. A lot didn't though. A great deal of those were individuals (and their guests) that I missed the most. So, if you didn't come- contact me, I'd love to catch up and I won't charge you 22 bucks to do so!
(And by-the-way, I already volunteered to help with the 20 year- I always try to put my money/time/efforts where my mouth is!)
I love reading your posts.. haha they give me humor for the day. I am sorry that things didn't go as you wanted them too. That is a huge reason I won't be returning to any of my highschool reunions. Not worth my time or money. But I hope that the 20 year one works out much better- Love ya! See ya tonight.
ReplyDeleteThis is the reason why a lot of people do not return to their high school reunions. I agree I was disappointed as well to see those same clicks in high school return back very disappointing. I sure hope the 20 year goes better then this one.
ReplyDeleteHey! I didn't even see you at the reunion. I would have said hi and talked. Sorry, I was kinda hidden out, there were some people I didn't really care to see from high school. I was really disappointed with the reunion as well. Hopefully, you can make the 20 year one a lot better.
ReplyDelete