Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Home again, Home again...(jiggiddy jigg)

So here are few more spots around my abode...
Welcome to my front door- We found this window (and a few others-if you're interested) on their way to the dump= free-ninety-free! I think it goes well with my porch swing. Please note the white door- do I dare do color?
This is a wall in my kitchen. I am a tad bit sentimental and boy, does it show. The hubby made the shelves, re-did old ammo boxes from Smith and Edwards for the side cabinets and then we have a smogasborg of antiques (like the piggy bank) and treasures from travels near and far. Disregard the basket on the ledge- it's my traveling "pick-up and put-away" helpmate.

I made this calendar. It rules my life. I picked up an old picture frame from D.I. ($5), painted it and then went and got pin striping at Checker Auto parts (about $5) and beat the $60+ that Roberts was asking for theirs.

8 comments:

  1. I love the door too, it gave me the idea of a way to display my photographs. I don't know if you ever watch HGTV (Design Star) there was this girl that painted designs onto the walls...it was way cool some of them. It could look cool w/ your look.

    I've gotten floor boards, paint them and mount to the wall. Than you can hang pictures inside them (framed), but I am a picture freak:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. WOW. Not only are you incredibly creative, but you are thrifty to boot! Note to self: When I grow up, be like Nik.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I want to do a Calendar HELP! I am impressed I wish I were more creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki-
    Do you have any more of those antique windows? I would love to buy one from you. Email me aldennat@gmail.com
    Thanks,
    Natalie Meyers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to schedule an appointment with you to "HELP ME when my house is done." I can only pay in food and maybe a train ride on the Heber Creeper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute girl!~ Like all your pictures...you should check some of my mom's blog friends, that's what they all do, exchange pics of their crafty creative ideas and antiques they find...

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can make and sell some of that on etsy!! the shelves, calendar, old windows..etc!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO creative and crafty, can you come help me with my blank boring wall? You've got me inspired to get working on it, the wheels are turnin'in my head! You should teach classes!

    ReplyDelete