Saturday, July 12, 2008

Camping in a Crunch...

We planned a family camping/boating outing for this weekend. We are rather new to the camping part, aside from Girl's Camps, and so we didn't reserve a campspot at any of the six or seven camps in the canyon. We figured we would just "find" one. We were wrong. Way wrong. I had no idea soo many people camped! ; )

My mom has a couple little cabins in the canyon that have seen better days. They have been in the family for at least 17-20 years and I rarely go up there due to the bugs, the weeds, the smell and the amazing closeness of the outdoors. Even for a cabin.

I do like to go up there for this, however:



This is the scene in the backyard. This is where we ended up camping. (Thanks mom and dad!)



We were not lacking in fun however! We had neighbors that partied all night long-their party was complete withhollers and shouts could be heard throughout the night and into the morning and gun shots- three to be exact which ended when they, too went boating.

While K was sleeping in Grandma's tent he almost had a run-in with the boat prop as it was being parked. Thank goodness he said the night-time prayer and asked for safety! Sparky protected us all and made sure he growled at any noise he didn't recognize and S was sure to snuggle close to mom and T while we tried to sleep. We all made it to the boat and I didn't get sick! Good times.

2 comments:

  1. Oh the cabin! It looks like you guys had a good time. Ya they were up there making noise when J and I went up a little while ago. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful that I didn't kill your child. We all agree that he says powerful prayers!

    ReplyDelete