My parents took my two oldest children to Yellowstone with them this weekend. Or- as K would say "Greenrock". I have missed them but not in a constant way. I miss them as I glimpse the shadows that would be their small little bodies in and through the daily actvities of my life. You don't realize how rhythmical your life has been until one of the constant rhythms is absent. K on my right and S round about while I make breakfast, S on the arm of the chair and K on my lap while T naps- things like that. Little voids add up to large chasms throughout the day. I miss kissing thier little faces and have loved reconfirming that I love being a mother.
T has been a blast, though. She answers to her name- and all of the nicknames that have descended upon her. She wants to eat what we are forking into our mouths so bad and then given the chance- spits it out. Only to have the whole process repeated with the next bite.
We will all be together tonight at dinner. Shawn is, as we speak, shopping for ingredients for the dinner he will be making this evening. He has only called me twice. I am excited to watch my brothers do things that I feel have become commonplace to my life. I am not sure why that is. In a way I think I should feel sad- they are normal, too.
I love cute baby Tieryn!! This will be so fun... Even though we see eachother often. YEAH for thinking alike!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a doll Tieryn is! How old is she now? So glad you are a blogger!
ReplyDeleteI was eating a lime today and it made me think of Tieryn's face as soon as she tried one for the first time! So cute!! You're a good mom and your kids absolutely adore you! :) I look up to you Nik! Thanks for everything. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteNikki! Hey how are you doing? Love your blog. I cant believe you have 3 babies now crazy. I hope you are doing well and life is good. I also have a blog its sadiekaylove.blogspot.com. miss you
ReplyDelete