Monday, August 17, 2009

BEAUTIFUL BRIDE....GOOD-LOOKING GROOM!!

-Warning- These are terrible pictures- I'll have better ones later.-------
W and I journeyed to San Diego this last weekend- thanks to my parents and W's sweet mom (who watched our 3 children). It was all for the love of two people- my little brother Ryan and his bride Hayley. (Yeah! One down three to go!)

They were married in the San Diego Temple- which is absolutely gorgeous! I loved that there were so many members there from Mexico (every week they told me- Saturday has Spanish sessions at 8, 10 and 12- it really made me feel like a slacker). There were 30 brides that day and we had to wait an hour and a half in the chapel before we went into the sealing. I almost ate my arm off.



It was a beautiful day- not too hot (which I was greatful for, wearing black). Haley's family is amazing and we totally fell in love with thier abuelita from Puerto Rico. She was so fun and vivacious (bright pinkish/orange hair to boot)! Now I know where Haley gets it!

Picture of me was me being a little dramatic (surprised?!) about the long walk around the temple in high heels that kept getting stuck. (Really it's just to prove I was there- amongst all of the boys!) Here's a picture of W, Justin, my grandma, my dad, Shawn and Joshua. We were proving that although they were taking more pictures of the "other" side of the family- we were still the better looking half. ;)
Things to remember: Riding in another white "kidnapper" van, "Chompy" the shark, Ryan's companion Jake, parking lot tail-gater, polictical views every trip to Hemet, Hemet, Crazy GPS lady, haircuts in the motel, double ceremony and wedding videos- double everything!, no talent from the Smith's.
(Notes to self- but if you really want to know, just ask. You may be stupider after; however.)

3 comments:

  1. Kind of sounds like my wedding experience a month ago with my brother! I'm glad you got to experience the San Diego temple...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics but ya know I still acn't believe that only one of those handsome brothers is married what is wrong with girls these days well all I gotta say is that they are missing out. Love ya tons glad it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna hear all the details!! The pictures are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete