Wednesday, October 22, 2008

VOTE!

As I prepare to take my turn behind the curtain I have to do my part to encourage everyone else to do the same. I'm sure everyone can guess who will get my vote but I still want to keep as open a mind and heart as possible before I do my ballot-casting. Here is a YouTube video that is circulating. If it doesn't work here are other links:
2) http://www.plnewsforum.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/40618/
3) http://imagesflicker.blogspot.com/2008/09/burning-down-house-re-up.html
4) http://captkarl.blogivists.com/2008/09/30/financial-crisis-sources-prove-what-is-burning-down-the-house/
5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiXwZI_YqHY

It is interesting because when I was at the 'U'- yes, that LIBERAL university, I remember sitting in my upper division economics classes discussing the subprime mortgage loans and looking at the projected impact on the economy. Now, don't get me wrong- economics is a 20/20 science and it's easy to look back and say, "told ya so". I just know the numbers were there.

I refuse to give one man control of the house, the senate and quite possibly the Supreme Court along with the executive branch powers. No one- NO ONE has had that much power since 1938. Franklin D. Roosevelt. He tried, if you remember you high school history, to drag the U.S. out of the depression. (The GREAT one, if you don't remember.) People were desperate- and they handed it over. Executive, Legislative and Judicial were all partisan and poised to do whatever it took. I remind you- it didn't work. I also believe that there was far more integrity involved in politics- and a whole lot less money. A lot could change when someone has that much power.

We have on the ticket one of the most left candidates in history and a democratic legislative branch just drooling to get through policies and changes that have been checked by that system set out by our founding fathers- maybe you've heard of it as the "checks and balances"? All that will be nice "theory" in the near future.

You want change? Well, it will come- just be prepared for what you ask for. I just 'hope' we financially survive the next four years.

2 comments:

  1. Not much to add. But, I think you would make the better VP! I'd vote for you!

    ReplyDelete