Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ah, Young Love...

Tonight I had the pleasure of chaperoning my daughter and six of her friends at a birthday party. My sweet friend asked me to help drive the girls to a showing of High School Musical 3 and in return bought my ticket and allowed me to witness the cute giggles of six and seven year-olds as Zac Efron danced across the screen. At first I didn't really like to hear my daughter giggle and blush when she saw, talked about or watched Mr. Efron on the T.V. As I watched Zac dance and sing his way throughout the movie I reflected on a time when I was the one giggling and blushing as a cute hunk danced and swooned after a young girl. Maybe, you too, remember watching Patrick and "Baby" shake their groove things in Dirty Dancing. I remember crying as I watched the movie, wishing that something soo romantic would happen in my life.
Then I remember wishing I was Sandy in another popular movie you may also recall- Grease. She was so pretty and MAN! was she totally awesome in the last scene! She was smokin' (literally and figuratively) and I really wished I could dance/sing/look like she did and have Johnny sing/swoon/shake in my direction!

So I guess, all things change and yet, all things stay the same. It is interesting to me to think that some things seemed the same in all of these movies. The main character is a really great dancer, he totally digs the main girl character and is REALLY sweet, caring and attentive. He goes out of his way to make sure she is happy- why does THIS ever change?

5 comments:

  1. Well said I remember watching Grease and dirty dancing ohh the things weren't they sooo much fun. Kori wants to go and see HSM 3 so maybe her and I will have to make it a date. That would be pretty cute watching them heartthrobe over Zac. Watch out Girl she is growing up way too fast and before you know it she will be going on her first dat ahhh scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute to see little girls all twiterpated!
    Funny enough my 4 year old has taken a liking to the other guy, corbun blue.The one with a crazy hair! Don't ask my why. I think maybe it had to do with the fact that he had a jump rope movie. But she usually keeps her attention on my sisters guy friends. Is is possible to be boy crazy at 4? Is that normal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    I noticed that HSM3 did the same to you as it did to me. It brought back memories of my past. I started to miss highschool, and I became nostalgic too. I thought it was funny to see the giddy girls too. You are always so good about helping friends. That was nice of you to be an extra chaperone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to admit that I totally loved the movie...I'm a geek I know! I said I was going for my kids...but secretly I was going for me! Ha,Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post how cute your are. I totally agree with everything you said. My mom just saw it today and said she now has a crush on Zac Efron. So I guess he did it for everyone.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete