Monday, August 18, 2008

World of blogging...

I have ultimately decided why I love blogs. I originally thought that it was because, while I like people, I often find it too time consuming to find out the level of details from their lives that I'd like. I mean, when you talk with someone you often run off into tangents, get off the subject, someone interrupts derailing the whole process- whatever. Blogging allowed me to know what was going on with people in a short, controlled amount of time. Blogging also allowed me to feel better about or want to try harder in my life. But I've been learning that while we all have our own separate lives- they somehow intermingle with others. It's always fun to read more than one blog about the same event. Or not...

I found out today how totally involved I have become in other's lives and how much they are involved (unbeknownst to them) in mine. One of my favorite bloggers, Stephanie Neilson and her husband were involved in a plane crash this weekend. Stephanie, who goes by nienie on her blog is an amazing woman who comes from an amazing family, who with her amazing husband have four amazing children. I adore this woman and her family. I told her in an e-mail once (which she answered by-the-way) that I read her entire blog beginning to end and that now I know more about her than my own siblings. I have loved getting to know her and have enjoyed watching her excitement as Christian got his pilot's license. So to hear of her tragedy has left me in tears. Her family is having a fast today in their behalf and all are welcomed to participate. Her blog, the nienie dialogues and her sister's have more of the details.

The neat thing that touches me is that many of my other favorite blogs have shared this information as well. How neat that we are all connected- not just through cyberspace, but through a loving Heavenly Father who truly loves us all and allows us to offer prayer in the behalf of those we care for.

Another fast becoming favorite blog is this one: Matt, Liz and Madeline. For those who are offended easily by language, it's not for you. However, the story is amazing. Matt and Liz were expecting, had to do an emergency c-section early, and Madeline was taken to the NICU. The next day when Liz was preparing to visit and hold Madeline for the first time, she passed a blog clot and passed away. This is Matt's story as he picks up the pieces and finds himself a single father. He is an inspiration! I love that such a great guy is sharing his story with us.
So I feel more included in the human race. I don't feel so isolated in my sorrows and now, because of blogging, have a proverbial soap box to share my happiness. My prayers are with those that are in extreme need at this time, my thoughts are with those that inspire me and my heart is with those who share and lead through tough times. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Way cool Nik. Nice blog- Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nikki Smith,

    I saw someone clicking onto my site from "Weekes for Weeks" and had no idea who it could be... I had to look at your photos to figure out who Nik Weekes was.

    Thanks for contacting me on Sarah's blog -- it seemed like there wasn't time at the reunion to say hi to everyone. Shoot me an email sometime at curtis (at) curtisgibby.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope they recover quickly. I can't imagine what a hard time this is for their family.

    Abrupt Subject Change: My Dad said for me to tell you that if you want any of his pictures, just email him. His email is daddywx@yahoo.com. He didn't know how to contact you. :)

    ReplyDelete