Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Fried Favorites

W's cousin and his family left yesterday. W and his cousin get along really well and so I was originally worried that I wouldn't get along with his cousin's wife. It works that way, you know. That is why married couples often have a hard time with their social life after marriage. One of the spouses hits it off with someone and the other remaining spouses don't "click". No clicky- no unneccessary hanging out time. Well, this is where I am quite fortunate; not only do I like said cousin's wife I LOVE said cousin's wife. She is amazing. They have four girls (11-4) and they are terrific guests. I miss them when they go and hope to see them again next year.

Before they flew home we had Scones. Here is a picture of a lovely scone prepared by my lovely mother-in-law:

Later, because apparently I hadn't had my fill of fried foods, our terrific friend came over to make egg rolls/spring rolls(?). Here is a picture of the last of these rolls- I almost forgot to take a picture because I was eating them so fast. They are wonderful!! As is our friend...who better work on her blog we started for her!

2 comments:

  1. Cute new blog update by the way. Love how you set it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nik thanks for the commment on my blog about the tshirts. I am actually looking more at hoodies and the best price I have been able to find has been $16 which is pretty good but I haven't shopped around a ton still so I'm still pricing things out.

    ReplyDelete