Wednesday, June 11, 2008

They Smell Weakness...


I woke up to run my five miles this morning and it was slightly- and I do mean slightly- raining. I convinced my running pal that we should go later and went back home. Upon returning I went to bed, in my running clothes. Later I woke up and ran- to the bathroom. I spent quite a lot of time there today, there and on the couch and making a fort to contain my children while they watched a movie on my laptop. W gets home at 3pm in the summer and that was my "hold-on" point. I have terrific chilren, but apparently they smell weakness because they were out-of-the-ordinary whiny/fighty/messy today and I didn't have the power to fight back. Dad did and I love him for it. Here is dad conquering the mess and mayhem of a mom sick-day: pizza hut in the kitchen, fort put away and mom taking a nap.

2 comments:

  1. It makes a difference knowing that your spouse helps out. Normally Mom NEVER gets to take a sick day. I guess I am glad that 3 of my 4 are older so they do very well when I am sick thank goodness. Hope you feel better, sorry that you are sick. Way to go W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. W is a good guy. It was so good seeing you tonight. I miss you guys. I'll try talking J into getting Lagoon passes so we can go with you guys. Love ya girl feel better!

    ReplyDelete